Achieve better accuracy with Maxim Integrated's rugged DS1925 iButton® temperature logger.
San Jose, CA—June 6, 2016—Monitoring cold chain and other temperature sensitive products or processes for longer duration sessions is now possible with the DS1925 iButton data logger from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
Temperature sensitive products and processes can be damaged when exposed to temperatures that are too high or too low. Previously, companies could only retrieve 16KB of data for each session of critical temperature monitoring, and would often need to reduce the data sample. With 122KB of data-log memory, the DS1925 provides longer monitoring sessions compared to other data log products, while maintaining the desired sample rate.
The DS1925 delivers high accuracy over a wide temperature range, and can measure battery life. It also retains measurements even if the battery life ends before the logger is replaced. While other temperature loggers have plastic covers, the DS1925 is made with a durable stainless steel enclosure to withstand harsh environments and conditions. The DS1925 is ideal for temperature logging in cold chain, pharmaceutical, medical, bio science, and food safety applications.
- Largest storage capacity: 122KB data-log memory, compared to 16KB
- Better accuracy over widest temperature range: ±0.5°C over -40°C to +85°C
- More rugged: Stainless steel enclosure, compared to plastic
- Smaller size: Diameter of one dime and thickness of three nickels (17.35mm x 5.89mm)
- "Maxim's deep experience in environmental and temperature sensors help us develop next-generation products like the DS1925 to solve customer challenges," said Scott Jones, Executive Director, Micros & Security Business Management, Maxim Integrated. "The iButton product line has been trusted for many years and we are committed to maintaining its high level of quality for Maxim customers like TSS."
- "Our life science customers depend on us to provide robust data in order for them to make informed decisions, and ultimately ensure global patient safety," said Tobias Holmer, Product Manager, TSS. "The accuracy, reliability, responsiveness, and superior form factor of iButton temperature loggers gives an added level of confidence in the quality of the captured data. With this new high capacity DS1925 model, our customers can increase the sample rate for longer missions at a maintained level of superior quality."
Availability and Pricing
- Evaluation kits available with hardware, software, host system source code, accessory products, and system solution references
- Pricing starts at $45.25 (1,000-up, FOB USA)
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more ›